New Year’s resolutions are here in all their healthy-eating glory, and while hungry tummies certainly deserve a good kale smoothie on occasion (whether or not they want a kale smoothie is another story entirely!), when it comes to fuel for the pool, it’s important to make sure your little ones don’t eat or drink anything 30 minutes prior to swim lessons.
Here are a few pre-swim snack ideas to keep your little ones happy, healthy and swimming strong in 2019!
Fruits and Veggies
- Baby carrots are quick and easy to grab out of the fridge.
- Spread nut butter on celery sticks and add a few raisins for “ants on a log.”
- Eat the rainbow with colorful, sliced peppers in red, orange, yellow and green.
- Freeze grapes or blueberries (dip them in yogurt…yum!) for an icy treat.
- Arrange sliced bananas on a piece of peanut butter toast or rice cake with a tiny drizzle of honey.
- Cut apples, pineapple, cucumbers or zucchini with a small cookie cutter to make bite-sized shapes.
- Dip broccoli and cauliflower “trees” in hummus.