About Our Level 3 Swim Lessons
Goal: Become comfortable in the water
What Your Child Will Learn
This is the first class for children to begin swimming without their caregivers in the water. This class is designed for children 2.5 years and older to become comfortable and confident in the water. In the Leapfrogs class, your child will learn to:
- Hold breath underwater
- Roll over independently and float on back
- Float on back while moving
- Get to the pool’s edge and climb out
What Skills Are Required
Children must meet the following requirements to be eligible for Level 3 Leapfrogs:
- 2.5 years or older
What You Can Expect
When searching for 3-year-old swimming lessons, it’s important to know what to bring and what to expect before, during and after swim lessons:
- Swim Bag: Bring your child’s swimming suit, change of clothes, a towel and goggles (optional).
- Double Diaper: If your child is not fully potty-trained, bring a disposable swim diaper to wear under a reusable swim diaper. Both are available to purchase at the school, if needed.
- Tears to Cheers: Swimming classes for three year olds offer a new environment, and crying is completely normal. This adaptive experience takes time to adjust. The more frequently you attend swim lessons, the faster the crying will subside. Learn more about Tears to Cheers.
- Underwater Expectations: As a pro-submersion school, we want your child to know what to do if they ever fall into the water unexpectedly. Basic water safety starts with being comfortable in the water, and that comfort begins with proper breath control. The face must be in the water in order to learn this aspect of swimming correctly. We also know that your child will be the safest and have the most fun when they know how to go underwater safely.
- Instruction: Your child’s swim instructor is thoroughly trained in swimming lesson plans for beginners through the proven Aqua-Tots curriculum. They will lead your child through Level 3 swim lessons to prepare them for Level 4. Once the swim lesson is complete, your swim instructor will meet you at the door and give you an update on your child’s progress. So, sit back and relax in the red chairs as your child continues their Swim Journey toward safe and confident swimming!
2.5 Years & Up