About Our Level 7 Swim Lessons
Goal: Further develop swim stroke technique
What Your Child Will Learn
The Sharks swimming class helps children develop their swimming techniques, creating efficient swimmers by fine-tuning their swim strokes. In this class, your child will:
- Prepare for the world of competitive swimming
- Break down each stroke for technique
- Refine underwater technique of breaststroke, backstroke and freestyle
- Begin to learn the butterfly
- Begin flip turns
- Get full-body exercise
What Skills Are Required
Children must meet the following swim skill requirements to be eligible for Level 7 Sharks:
- Breathe with ease to tempo during freestyle and breaststroke
- Tread water for 20 seconds
- Properly swim freestyle
- Proficient in backstroke
- Introduced to breaststroke
- Introduced to popping up for air
The average age of older kids in Level 7 is typically 8-12 years old. This varies by skill level and is based upon advancement by your child’s swim instructor or an In-Water Evaluation, which can be performed at your neighborhood Aqua-Tots. Children in Level 7 have typically completed multiple levels of the Aqua-Tots swim program prior to being enrolled in this class.
What You Can Expect
With over 120 Aqua-Tots locations worldwide, it’s easy to find advanced swimming lessons near you, and it’s important to understand that advanced skills go beyond swimming basic strokes. Here’s what you can expect in Level 7 swim lessons:
- Swim Bag: Bring your child’s swimming suit, change of clothes, a towel and goggles (optional).
- Instruction: Your kiddo is already a superstar swimmer, and now their Swim Journey continues beyond safe and confident swimming! In Level 7, you can sit back and relax as a highly skilled instructor teaches your child the advanced Aqua-Tots curriculum and prepares them for Level 8.
Based on Ability