About Our Level 8 Swim Lessons
Goal: Swim all strokes proficiently
What Your Child Will Learn
In the Stingrays swim class, children swim all the strokes taught in the Aqua-Tots swim program with proficiency and ease. In this class, your child will:
- Gain the technique, speed and agility needed to become a champion swimmer
- Learn proper starts, turns and breathing techniques for all competitive strokes
- Swim greater distances
- Develop endurance
- Master flip turns
What Skills Are Required
Older kids must meet the following requirements to be eligible for Level 8 Stingrays:
- Breathe with ease to tempo during freestyle, breaststroke and butterfly
- Tread water for 45 seconds
- Proficient in freestyle
- Proficient in backstroke
- Proficient in breaststroke
- Perform strong butterfly kicks
The average age of older kids in Level 8 is typically 8-12 years old. This varies by skill level and is based upon advancement by your child’s swim instructor or an In-Water Evaluation, which can be performed at your neighborhood Aqua-Tots. Children in Level 8 swim training have typically completed multiple levels of the Aqua-Tots swim program prior to being enrolled in this class.
What You Can Expect
With over 120 Aqua-Tots locations worldwide, it’s easy to find swimming training near you, and it’s important to understand that advanced swim training for kids is more than learning different swim strokes. Here’s what you can expect in Level 8 swim lesson:
- Swim Bag: Bring your child’s swimming suit, change of clothes, a towel and goggles (optional).
- Instruction: Your child’s swim instructor is thoroughly trained in the advanced Aqua-Tots curriculum, and they will lead your child through Level 8 swim lessons to prepare them for the world of competitive swimming. All you have to do is sit back and relax as your child’s Swim Journey continues beyond safe and confident swimming!
Based on Ability