Aqua-Tots’ Response to Coronavirus
For 29 years, we have been in the business of keeping children and families safe and healthy, and this remains our number one priority while the news of seasonal illness, most significantly coronavirus (COVID-19), gains worldwide attention. With this in mind, we wanted to take a moment to share what we are doing to proactively protect your family from sickness in our schools and to let you know what you can do to keep your local Aqua-Tots family safe and healthy during this season.
One of the unique benefits that Aqua-Tots Swim Schools offers is our make-up lesson policy. As parents ourselves, we understand the need to reschedule swim lessons when life gets busy or children get sick. Because we truly value your family and your overall health and well-being, we encourage you to utilize these make-up lessons if needed. Simply reach out to your local school directly to let them know of your schedule change, and they’ll issue make-up lessons to your account.
What you can do to help:
As with any cold and flu season, we ask that you do your part to keep your local Aqua-Tots family healthy and safe by regularly washing your hands and keeping children, siblings or caretakers home from swim lessons if they experience any of the following symptoms:
- Fever of (100.4° and higher)
- Severe cough
- Shortness of breath
- Green mucus
- Sore throat
- Skin rash
Additionally, we ask that you reschedule lessons if anyone in your family has been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or has recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19.
What Aqua-Tots Swim Schools is doing to protect your family from illness:
- We are actively monitoring the news regarding COVID-19.
- We are following the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- We are committed to immediate action and communication to impacted families should we receive word of COVID-19 in one of our schools.
- We have added additional facial tissues and hand sanitizer throughout the school.
- We have minimized the toys in the children’s play area to ensure we can rotate and sanitize toys throughout the day.
- We have implemented an enhanced cleaning schedule throughout each day as a preventative measure for the COVID-19, cold and flu viruses, which includes properly sanitizing:
- Front entrance and exit doorknobs and handles
- Pool entrance and exit doorknobs and handles
- Front & back counters
- Bathroom counters and doorknobs
- All bathroom surfaces
- Play area and toys
- Lobby tables and chairs
- All retail shelves
If you have any questions about the Aqua-Tots Swim Schools in your area or to learn more about what your specific school is doing to proactively prevent the spread of germs, please contact your school directly. As always, we value your family and wish you continued health and safety.